Friday, March 10, 2006

Ancient Rites - The Diabolic Serenades (1994)

The debut album of the best heavy metal band in Belgium. Overally a pretty good album, fusing classic elements of death metal with folk influences of black metal. Apparently the reviewers like to call this 'viking metal'. I'm normally not into death/thrash/satan metal, but I think I particularly like this album because it's not anarchistic or noisy at all (as you often get with death metal, e.g. Morbid Angel). It is heavy music, though, but very melodic which makes the hearing more pleasant in the classic sense. As I'm writing this my headphones are blaring the music into my brain, and yeah, I have to say this damn good heavy metal, great drums and guitars work. Turn it up!
    Tracks
  1. (Intro) Infant Sacrifices To Baalberith (1:16)
  2. Crucifixion Justified (Roman Supremacy) (3:54)
  3. Satanic Rejoice (3:54)
  4. Obscurity Reigns (Fields Of Flanders) (2:28)
  5. Death Messiah (2:37)
  6. Land Of Frost And Despair (4:43)
  7. Assyrian Empire (3:32)
  8. Longing For The Ancient Kingdom (3:43)
  9. Morbid Glory (Gilles De Rais 1404-1440) (3:38)
  10. Ritual Slayings (Goat Worship Pure) (3:52)
  11. Evil Prevails (4:25)
  12. Last Rites (Echoes Of Melancholy) (0:33)
Total time: 38' 41''

Ancient_Rites_Diabolic_Serenades_192.rar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home