Friday, May 12, 2006

Automaton - Jihad: Points of Order (1994)

I know very, very little about the "band" called Automaton, but the liner notes mention Nicky Skopelitis (guitar, treatments), Lili Haydn (violin), Tetsu Inoue (electronics), Bill Laswell (bass, beats) and Robert Musso (treatments). And no, it's not Robert Mosuse. Moreover, the whole album was produced by Bill Laswell. I thought I'd post this one especially for that anonymous figure who appears so enthralled by anything Mr Laswell undertakes. Fine with me! Some of you regulars of this b-log may have noticed that the abovementioned names also appear on the ambient compendium I posted earlier. Well, this release contains two tracks of about 23 minutes each, one of which features as a remix on the same compendium - but not to worry, it's not the same track! Anyway, what you get is some spaced out, detailed ambient music, so I hope you've got a pair of decent headphones or some very tolerant neighbours. :-)

    Tracks
  1. Port of Entry (The Future Is Within Control) (23:49)
  2. Intersection Point Between Empty Desert and Written Deserts (23:07)
Automaton_Jihad_Points_of_Order_256.rar

2 Comments:

At 5/15/2006 8:55 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Wow, cool man - I'll listen to it after the 19th as my download limit has been reached AGAIN - such a crap server system in this "developed" country! But thx anyway!!

 
At 5/20/2006 10:20 PM, Blogger Chardman said...

One of the main things I look for on a Laswell release is the name Musso.
His engineering prowess is as instrumental as any instrumentalist.
Sorry for the pun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home