Friday, May 19, 2006

Meat Beat Manifesto - Satyricon (1992)

This is a sublimely distressing yet intriguing electronic music album. I found the following review on the net and I think he did a very fine job, so I'll copy-paste it right here: (very highly recommended!)

"Pot sounds? What could that mean! After eliminating any interruptions or distractions put this in the player and listen. Things disappear and the more I see momentarily. Mark at 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Drop. I honestly think that can be taken in a literal sense. And if you do drop, prepare for intensity. Its rather a dipping ride to get use to. Do you accept your existence and acquire it with a certain peace of mind? "Well, I except my existence, hum, I don't accept the situation that I find my self in on this planet. No. I think thats a real struggle." a situation being? "That I live in a culture which is permeated by dominance and oppression, ah, not only with in my culture but around the world." "I think that there is a rebelitory experience awaiting everyone that has to do with finding out who and what they really are. And when that occurs, if it occurs you have reached nirvana/heaven. And to the degree which you don't reach that place or realization you are in eternal hell." Is this the person speaking who has abandoned hes origins? What do you want from the rest of your life? Are you afraid of death? "I have seen people killed, and ah, thats showbiz." "Lose your mind, your soul, control, then your body!" "At the end there will be nothing. No atoms, no molecules, no subatomic particles. No thing at all. Nothing. At the end." Do you live on in some way after death? This album could really cause a unstable person some mental problems. Anyone else capable of reason could find this album challenging. Of course, you have to like interesting music to begin with." (Chilly D from Oklahoma City, USA)

Turn this fucker way up to eleven and let it flow right through your disintegrating mind!

Meat_Beat_Manifesto_Satyricon_192.rar

6 Comments:

At 5/20/2006 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meat Beat Manifesto were true inovators in their time, and still continue to be to this day. Other bands, such as The Prodigy and Chemical Brothers, merely rode in on their coat tails, exploiting the genre M.B.M. pioneered. Such is life...

 
At 5/20/2006 1:34 AM, Blogger pyrata said...

this is a great album! thanks for it, cause i've lost my cd some years ago.
P )ยป

 
At 5/20/2006 11:27 AM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Badburt (?), I completely agree! And I noticed they're still very much at it, their latest release apparently from 2005 and receiving good reviews.

Yeah, Pyrata, I also own a copy of Subliminal Sandwich which does no longer contain the disc. I lent it to a friend, repeatedly telling him to take great care with it and NOT to lose it. Guess what he did... No more lending goodies to that twat. I'll check the local library for it soon.

 
At 5/21/2006 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're still into listening into what Jack Dangers (the main man behind MBM) is up these days then I suggest checking out 'Tino's Breaks Volume 6
Hallowe'en Dub'. Top notch heavy, spaced-out dub, with a freaky hallowe'en theme!
Here's the Rapidshare link-
http://rapidshare.de/files/21002658/tino6.zip.html

 
At 5/21/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Wow! That's most kind... :-D

I like Halloween as it's my birthday. Yes I'm born on the demon-day! And only coz my mom didn't want me to be born on Nov 1st, which in catholic countries is the day of the dead. Oh, the irony of being... Thanks!

 
At 6/15/2006 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G.O.D. damn i thought i had them all... guess impossible as he/them are still in 'action' - Thanks for this and a nice slice of blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home