Saturday, May 20, 2006

Noise vs Mothers / Mothers vs Noise

A few posts ago I referred to the Experimedia netlabel (The Rhythm Method), but only recently I discovered something really interesting there. It kind of reminded me of something the philosopher Kierkegaard once brought up: is angst or boredom (the primal, pre-adolescent root of modern angst) "terribly tedious" or is it rather "tediously terrible"? Or, in this case, are "Mothers Against Noise" or is "Noise Against Mothers"? I presume you haven't got a clue what the hell I'm talking about... :-)


My point is that two different labels have released two separate noise albums that form a very quaint couple. Sweet. Firstly, the Experimedia release. This is one of those very aggressive, don't-plug-those-tiny-earphones-in-your-ears-or-you'll-go-deaf albums, called Noise Against Mothers. You have to enjoy hardcore noise in order to appreciate this, I think... Which is not to say that it's not intelligent or interesting music! It's actually really hilarious material! Ooooh my poor, poor neighbours. They must think I'm insane - and even that wouldn't be too far from the truth. But what is truth...?


Secondly, I originally got to know the mother-noise dichotomy from a website that's actually called "Mothers Against Noise". So the album they provide is called Mothers Against Noise. Also very noisy, but significantly more beats-based and less psychotic than the Experimedia release. The combination of both releases are a perfect duo of insane sounds. If only one more label would release something along the lines of Against For Nihiloise (Le style français), then we'd have a brilliant tryptich! Well anyway, I'll provide you with the links, but be prepared for some super-extreme noisy stuff! Aw man, I love it!!! These two albums are some seriously weird shit...

Noise Against Mothers

Mothers Against Noise

In Dutch/Flemish, we have a word for all this, and I don't know any other language (except for Bushman, which my browser unfortunately doesn't support) that has the same effect for it: LAWAAI.

1 Comments:

At 6/09/2006 11:39 AM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Hi darkload, they're not bands but compilation albums. I don't need to re-up them as the labels have them on their own servers. Just follow the links on my post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home