Friday, May 12, 2006

Not your cup of quotetea?


Who has no faith, the ungrateful one,
The man who is a burglar,
Who has destroyed opportunities, ejected wish,
Truly he is a person supreme.

The Buddha, Dhammapada, ca. 500 B.C.


Without a jot of ambition left
I let my nature flow where it will.
There are ten days of rice left in my bag
And, by the hearth, a bundle of firewood.
Who prattles of illusion or nirvana?
Forgetting the equal dusts of name and fortune,
Listening to the night rain on the roof of my hut,
I sit at ease, both legs stretched out.

Ryokan, 1757-1831 (transl. Lucien Stryk & Takashi Ikemoto)

1 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely put!
To bad that you will starve and rot if you put them into practice these days.
Like i said before in the shitty chicken 69 remark, shit always runs down, so you dont want to be at the bottom my man, or you`ll have a lot of gobbling to do.
(probably explains why the Buddha is a fat man)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home