Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine - Post Historic Monsters (1994)

When I first heard this album, I hated it. The vocals reminded me of the Pet Shop Boys (don't ask me why!) and the music seemed just plain silly. Over the years, however, I really came to like it - so much so, that my good friend Dave ("Dave, is that you Dave? Where's your toilet, Dave?), who owned the album, gave me his cd. And ever since it has been in MY possession hahaa!

Post Historic Monsters provides you with hilarious indie pop rock, at times bordering on punk or garage rock, at times sweet and touching. Overally this is a really fun, enjoyable album. As I haven't heard any of Carter USM's other albums, I have no way of comparing it; although most reviews I've come across claim this is one of their weakest releases to date. Nevertheless, I still recommend it. If you don't like on your first hearing, give a couple more tries, as in my case that's what was needed to appreciate it. Give it a go, I'd say.

    Tracklist
  1. 2 Million Years B.C. (0:40)
  2. The Music That Nobody Likes (4:27)
  3. Mid Day Crisis (3:55)
  4. Cheer Up, It Might Never Happen (4:05)
  5. Stuff The Jubilee! (3:54)
  6. A Bachelor For Baden Powell (3:55)
  7. Spoilsports Personality Of The Year (5:03)
  8. Suicide Isn't Painless (1:18)
  9. Being Here (2:04)
  10. Evil (2:50)
  11. Sing Fat Lady Sing (3:34)
  12. Travis (3:03)
  13. Lean On Me I Won't Fall Over (3:40)
  14. Lenny And Terence (3:56)
  15. Under The Thumb And Over The Moon (3:43)
Total time: 50:15

Carter_USM_Post_Historic_Monsters.rar

3 Comments:

At 6/09/2006 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want it back! :)

 
At 6/09/2006 9:04 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Okay Dave... Need to use your toilet, Dave...

 
At 6/10/2006 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my toilet has an annoying donkeyrapingshiiiiiteating fly in it,butt your welcome :)
glad you finally like the cd :)
and since i want it back i'm downlaoding it right now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home