Saturday, June 17, 2006

Orbital - Snivilisation (1994)

Less fresh than their previous release but definitely more mature, I really like this album. Even though some think this is "dated" music, I like it and I don't mind dates either. I haven't had one in ages. So this is good stuff. Once again, intelligent and most enjoyable electronic music, but less techno-based than Orbital II. There's only one track I really don't like, which is their obviously hardcore attempt: they should really stay away from that stuff. More about that very soon... Listen closely to this one: if you have a pair of decent headphones, use them! Or if you have extremely tolerant neighbours (ie if you are Australian [What happened to Shane?] then sing a song) crank it up and enjoy the finely-tuned basses... Har har who can tell me the name of the king who tried to stop the waves of the sea?

Very highly appreciandied! (king, soul, andy album)

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM (Pt 1)
IFNKOVHGROGHPRM (Pt 2)

3 Comments:

At 6/18/2006 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The king's name was Canute. However, my history teacher told me that the chap was misunderstood. He was not trying to show how powerful he was but instead displaying his humility before the omnipotence of God.

 
At 6/18/2006 2:27 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

I never trust a christian interpretation. ;-)

 
At 6/18/2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Loki said...

this remains my favourite Orbital album... although i really like th Blue Album (perhaps because I was expecting it to be crap)... with you on the hardcore attempt (though I like that it's there, it seems to fit the theme)...i can remember E kids heqadrubbing when this came out but I guess they got the right drugs in the end..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home