Friday, July 07, 2006

Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies (1994)

I found this little gem of an album floating around the net, so I thought I'd do a post on it, as I couldn't find it on another blog. So, about the music: if you know any of Alice in Chains' other albums, you will know they make pretty heavy guitar rock that is technically of high quality and of course Layne Staley's lyrics and vocals are unforgettable. But their 1994 EP Jar of Flies is something quite different. Mainly accoustic, slower of pace and rather bluesy, but still keeping the surreal mood they're so good at invoking, this album is one I would recommend to anyone, except if you're a die-hard acid raver. Really superb, chilled out music, do check it out.

The file is split into two as the bitrate is at 320. Shouldn't stop you from trying it out, though.

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM (Pt 1)
IFNKOVHGROGHPRM (Pt 2)

pw: geop

I also hope that the person who upped these files doesn't mind me doing a wee article on them. Praise be to the unknown soldier...

4 Comments:

At 7/07/2006 12:58 PM, Blogger unkle said...

Many thanks, good album...
;)

 
At 7/21/2006 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 9/23/2006 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

think you advised this not so long ago!?!
well(3x) here i go!

 
At 10/25/2006 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, from Argentina!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home