Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Covenant - Nexus Polaris (1998)

I'd been looking for this sublime work of metal art for years, until finally last weekend I dropped by my old neighbour (p'Thoelen!) at my parents' house to discover that he owned it. Oh the chirps and jollies that came out of my throat! I immediately had to run off home and change my underwear, as I had soiled it... Well, all good things in life have their price, I guess. Anyway, this is great music: cosmic, trippy melodic (black) metal. Don't be dismayed by the term "melodic" - I know what you're thinking. Nowadays when I see the term MDM (melodic death metal), I cringe in disgust: most of that stuff is crap, kitschy fagot metal (KFM). Not this album, however. I love it and I can listen to this over and over and over. The whole album is filled with superb tunes, you can clearly hear influences from classical baroque and the romantic era, probably due to the synth player. Simply one of the best metal albums EVER. Highly recommended for metal fans!

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM

5 Comments:

At 7/21/2006 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 
At 8/08/2006 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, this is fabulous. The singer sounds just like Popeye the Sailor Man!

 
At 9/16/2006 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for this upload. What is the password for this file?

 
At 9/18/2006 9:49 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

eclecticelectelectric 3.14159265

 
At 2/07/2007 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP timeshare holmere hall Walt etten porsche Driver hp printer zoloft hearing Mp3 players uk wholesaler Furniture auctions longview texas ipod mp3 player sale http://www.hepaairfilter7.info/Acyclovir.html Mitsubishi mexico Beverly hills ferrari cancer slowing spells Atchison web site marketing http://www.buy-yasmin.info/Cd_player_with_mp3.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home