Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Faith No More - Angel Dust (1992)

I wasn't too sure whether or not to post this album, but after listening to it again I made up my mind. It's just such an interesting release. It's quite hard to define the music: alternative metal with a lot of funk in it, sometimes even touching cheesy pop or kitsch. As a critic at allmusic.com tells us, Angel Dust is "one of the more complex and simply confounding records ever released by a major label." And he's quite right, it really is a confounding record. I imagine that most of you will have heard this album, but for those who haven't yet: listen to it and listen to it again and you will almost certainly come to appreciate this. And what a sublime cover, by the way. Possibly among the finest delivered in the 90s...

Concerning their other albums, I've heard The Real Thing, which is still alternative metal with a lot of funk in it, but it doesn't strike the "interesting" chord as Angel Dust does. I haven't listened to their later stuff; maybe I'll have a look in the local library. Enjoy!

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM

8 Comments:

At 7/19/2006 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fav.
Your b-log is the best, keep up the good work. Very much my taste.

 
At 7/20/2006 1:25 AM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Thanks guys, keep up the positive karma!

 
At 7/20/2006 8:18 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Yes it is Mike Patton era FNM, and yes he is nuts. But, I must say, "Mr Bungle" is actually older than his membership to FNM. He was Mr Bungle before being part of FNM. It's merely a fact I'm conscious of; I have not heard his solo material.

 
At 7/20/2006 8:44 PM, Blogger Chardman said...

Well, we'll have to fix that.
My friend who's really into FNM hates some of his solo stuff and Fantomas because it's 'too crazy'.
Heh!
Not for me!

 
At 7/21/2006 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 
At 7/21/2006 7:46 AM, Blogger Chardman said...

Hey, didja notice that Solo Buena Música has a lengthy FNM, Bungle, Patton Post?
You can find lots of his other projects there.

 
At 9/05/2006 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say FNM did better on King For a day (the album after this one), but most people are stuck on this album as an untoppable classic.

 
At 2/16/2007 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! refinance Cisco switch cam file Mazda b2000 shop manual microscope sale 2 acuvue Ohio state farm life insurance quote

 

Post a Comment

<< Home