Wednesday, July 19, 2006

FSOL - Commercially Unavailable Music (1990-2005)


In the comments section of my post on FSOL's Dead Cities, Chardman provided us with a link to commercially unavailable music by FSOL. So finally I get to listen to that VPRO radio ISDN broadcast! I'm listening to it right now, and I would recommend it to all you FSOL fans. You can hear the ISDN album in it, but it's also different, so it is of great interest if you want to compare the album with the "live" version. Apart from this VPRO broadcast, you get tons of other material: radio mixes (e.g. "Essential" mix), Peel sessions, even videos (e.g. interviews), and much more... Thanks, Chardman!

fsol.disenchanted.com

7 Comments:

At 7/19/2006 4:30 PM, Blogger Chardman said...

The Essential mixes are great, and there's even something with Robert Fripp in there, somewhere.
Thanks for getting me back into FSOL!

 
At 7/19/2006 5:51 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Well, you know Chard, we should thank this global b-log music community for getting us all back into FSOL. They'd moved back into the dark alleys of my HD space, too...

Hail to the muses eternal!

 
At 7/19/2006 5:56 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Who is Robert Fripp, by the way? I think I've heard his name before, but I can't quite pinpoint it...

 
At 7/20/2006 2:11 AM, Blogger Chardman said...

Fripp?
I think he was in some kind of prog-rock thing for a while.
Blue-something...
Or pink.
Definitely not Deep Purple.

 
At 7/20/2006 10:00 AM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Oh cool, King Crimson! I love them.... Yes, I think 8daysinapril opened my ears to them... So it's not too bad to have them in your local library, Chard!

 
At 7/20/2006 3:55 PM, Blogger Chardman said...

I am being a sarcastic ass. I've been on this huge KC/Robert Fripp kick lately. I may start sharing some of it soon. Check for ugly updates.

 
At 2/03/2007 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home