Friday, August 11, 2006

Primus - Tales From the Punchbowl (1995)

Definitely heavier and more towards the psychedelic/progressive spectrum of rock than Pork Soda and its predecessors, but also less of the "cool" funk, Tales From the Punchbowl was not at all what I expected when I bought it back in '95. Yet I can't say this is a bad album, not at all! It's just not quite easy on the brain, which -to me- Pork Soda can be. Very heavy 4/4 structures, atonal guitars (add a dash of redneck country), drawn out psych-melodious vocals and overall weirdness, that is my personal definition of this rather strange release. And a number of tracks on this disc are without a doubt brilliant freak rock tunes! Give it a go, it's interesting to say the least.

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM

8 Comments:

At 8/14/2006 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Link doesn't appear to ... exist.

 
At 8/15/2006 4:37 AM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Yeah, you're right; should be okay now - let me know if it's not, as I do have a URL.

By the way: who can tell me why it's "a URL" and not "an URL"?

har har har, well well well

joke of the three...?

 
At 8/18/2006 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll fookin eat yer face off. Now give me that crate of spesh!

 
At 8/19/2006 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Here is MR. FLY. Not the old one, since we live for just one day before we fade away into the universe. I must be the sixth generation of the first Mr Fly who came here first. Well, who cares.
Just came to say you've posted Pork Soda, I expected something interesting, since you wrote a nice review 'bout it. And I found it quite... nice. I have something that might be VERY nice for U Andy ur blog, almost nice as shit (if u know what I mean, we love shit, u know)
Hmmm... it's a band called "Mr. Bungle". It really kicks ass, its circus-funky-crasy shit... hmmm. Just a guess... this IS crazy stuff.
Hmmm... I better enjoy my last hours procreating and feedin' myself some crap. Sorry wasting your time, but try looking for "Mr. Bungle". Really worthy.

 
At 8/24/2006 5:55 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Thanks for the info about Mr Bungle, Mr Fly! and many more thanks for the humorous angle ;-)

Actually, a friend has only recently advised me to check out Mr Bungle. Apparently he's a bit mad... Well, (3x), I gues I'll have to do just that...

 
At 9/21/2006 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Link is okay but do you remember the password?

another Antwerpenaar

 
At 9/21/2006 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eclecticelectelectric 3.14159265
eclecticelectelectric 3.14159265
eclecticelectelectric 3.14159265
eclecticelectelectric 3.14159265

once might be enough !

 
At 9/23/2006 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr bungle?haha!
mr fly have you seen the reporter in meet the feebles?next of kin per chance?

aaamaaaaaaaiiii :

eclecticelectelectric 3.14159265

nog maar ene keer!
hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home