Friday, August 04, 2006

Underworld - Second Toughest in the Infants (1996)

After their '94 smashing Dubnobasswithmyheadman, Underworld released a heavier, more dance-oriented 2-cd album in 1996. Many of the tracks have a higher bpm rate and tend to move closer to the trance music of the time. However, they still use their typical mellow bass drums and the songs are intelligently written, quite unlike much of the abovementioned trance music. Some may find the lenght of many tracks a tad tedious -boring even- but fans of Underworld or dance music in general won't be disappointed with this. It's not all fast paced, though: the album is nicely balanced, all in all. I used to own this double cd, until some dude with the surname "Himmel" stole it from me. Not a very heavenly act, indeed. I'd like to thank Mr. Struktur for upping this for us. And don't forget to delete the files when you're halfway through listening to it, or else stick to North Korean ancient sayings... It didn't lay them wind-eggs, as we say in the lower countries!

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM

2 Comments:

At 8/05/2006 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally I see My ALL TIME FAV record on the blogs! This is a classic, absolutely Marvelous. Thanks, now I don't have to record my vinyl to put this one on my iPod :)

 
At 2/06/2007 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP halloween bingo card pissing boys free pictures Austin state farm insurance

 

Post a Comment

<< Home