Friday, September 08, 2006

The Electric Mothers Of Invention - Neuro # Project (1993)

A rather obscure release on the Liverpool "Three Beat" record label, I think this paints a rather nice of what the house/techno culture of the early 90s was all about: bouncy, fast beats with uplifting and trippy melodies - quite different from what happened near the turn of the century, when techno became harder and colder...

Thick, dubby basslines are combined with melodic sine synths and tingling samples, to which are added numerous voice samples that at times take you on a dreamy journey and at times just make you laugh (because it's funny, not because it's crap - "Jack didn't know how to do anything! Jack was a dropout"). Not my all time favourite, but nonetheless a very enjoyable, particularly chilled out electronic album. I think my problem with this album is that it's sometimes too lengthy, that I'm just too impatient... But it must be said that some of the tracks on this cd are really damn good tracks... I'd like to know if you think about this the same way - unless of course you like to flip up you pink shirt collar and need to light up a FAG every hour or so!

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM (Pt 1)

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM (Pt 2)

pass=paxdiero.blogspot.com

7 Comments:

At 9/08/2006 8:53 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Yeah well stanks go to the Mac-asses

 
At 9/11/2006 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute little album...hmmm, could U post Mix@ge by F242 again, it`s been deleted,would mean a lott...and if U need something from C-Tec, or bootleg F242s, or Lustmords, I`ll see what I can do for U, :)

 
At 9/13/2006 7:58 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Yep, no problem, and I'll also soon be upping another Front album which Larve, the big brother of the smelly Dutchman, provided me with.

LUSTMORD!!!! Yeah!!!

And I don't know C-Tek... Please inform my ignorant self...

Thanks!

 
At 9/13/2006 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C-Tec is side project of Front 242, also known as Cyber Tec( but only on their first album)...I`ll post tomorrow night here a list of all my Lustmord for you to see, and I also believe I have a couple of Lagowsky`s albums( Brian Lustmord`s friend and co-worker)...expect a line from me...thx in advance for reposting Mix@ge,:)

 
At 9/13/2006 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and judgeing from your musical taste, you are farrr from ignorant,lol

 
At 12/08/2007 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great music but please, is it possible to upload it again ?!
Thk u !

 
At 4/07/2008 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

arrived here looking for material/ hallucination engine and or subsurfing /frozen ants and noticed you had this...probably not listened to since the tape player went west...and you're right some of it is very funny if a little long winded

 

Post a Comment

<< Home