Friday, September 08, 2006

RAC - Diversions (1994)

Here's my last one for the day. If you've ever made music yourself, you will recognise a lot here: delays, reverbs, flangers and the like, but they're all well arranged and the songs are intelligently composed. There's something really spacy about these songs, in the sense of other-worldly, alien vegetation tribal electro-cannibalism... If I listen to a track for a minute, I often feel like turning it off, but if give it a go, I tend to listen to the whole album. All in all, this is pretty good, melodic & pounding dance music. One to be turned up nice and loud...

The 22nd release on the now defunct Warp label, I feel it fits there perfectly: somewhere in between Autechre and early Aphex Twin/Polygon Window. Classic mid-ninetees electronic music - enjoy!

Which reminds me: I once owned Surfing on Sine Waves by Polygon Window, but some twat nicked it. Would any of you b-log visitors happen to be the culpitrator?

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM (Pt 1)

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM (Pt 2, RapidShare)

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM (Pt 2, MegaUpload)

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM (Pt 2, FileFactory)

pass=paxdiero.blogspot.com

6 Comments:

At 9/09/2006 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got loads of Aphex Twin. I will put the link for Surfing On Sine Waves up on Saturday for you Pax man. Anything else you need while I'm on the Aphex shelf?

 
At 9/09/2006 4:01 AM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Hmmm I don't think so. I presume I have all the rest..

My fav of all times is his CLASSICS; the only reason I haven't posted it yet is because it's so easily obtainable on other sites.

But plz do provide me with Polygon, and if it's not too much to ask, 256kbps... humble me... :-)

 
At 9/09/2006 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polygon

Only 192kbps I'm afraid

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HPN2ZV8Z

 
At 9/09/2006 9:32 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

Oooh thanks... As I'm at the smelly Dutchman's place atm, I'll only be able to listen to it again Sunday at the earliest - but thank you very very much, it'll surely bring back ample memories!

 
At 9/23/2006 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

zpider made me happy too!

for am i am the smelly one!

now foursome polygone!

 
At 6/30/2007 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

defunkt, warp?
dont think so

 

Post a Comment

<< Home