Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Lisa Germano - Happiness (1993) - REPOST

I'm glad I found this album after years of looking for it. Germano really got me going after I heard her play all by herself and her guitar one late night in Brussels. The radio station even sent me a tape recording. Which I lost. So I found this one. Anyway, the music switches between folk and rock and at moments even reaches the boundaries of avant-garde. The lyrics are often semi-playful and cynical, I like her voice, and the musical arrangement is somewhat out of the ordinary. Give it a go, I'd say. Yeah, happiness...

Lisa_Germano_Happiness_192.rar

pass=paxdiero.blogspot.com

6 Comments:

At 2/02/2007 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the original version of this album? Have you ever listened to it?

 
At 2/02/2007 4:53 PM, Blogger Paxjorge said...

What original version???

I got to know Lisa Germano when she once did a great acoustic version on Studio Brussels (Belgium), on a programme called Update (with Chantal Pattyn). They even sent me a tape recording on request - which unfortunately I lost...

But please tell me more about the original version!

 
At 2/12/2007 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i've got my little mixtape up again download it if you pls, at my blog

 
At 2/18/2007 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh! Is there any possible way you can re-upload the Les Tres Riches Heures Du Moyen Age - A Medieval Journey from April? I'd be so grateful if you did.

 
At 7/16/2008 6:52 PM, Blogger Steve Engler said...

Lisa first made this album for Capitol records a year earlier. It features 2 songs; These Boots Are Made For Walking and Breathe Across Texas that aren't on the 4AD version. Also the tracks Sycophant and Destroy The Flower were remixed for the 4AD version.

 
At 2/23/2010 11:25 PM, Blogger www.altamiralive.com said...

I was lucky enough to open for Lisa Germano in Albany a couple years ago, she was incredible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home