Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Laika - Good Looking Blues (2000)

Well, here's the third release by the sublime band Laika! A great album, though not as good as Sounds of the Satellites in my opinion (but I can't ever really make up my mind), it's nonetheless filled with great, truly superb tracks. Just make sure you turn up the bass. And if possible, try to skip a night of sleep and then listen to it, wow... Laid back, pleasant vibes -- much more so than their first release. It's always hard to decide between Sounds and Blues, because both reach out for outer space! Check tracks two and three, with its lovely sine synths and African rhythms: if you don't like that, why not try Mariah Carey's cheapshit techno album, like my sheep-faced neighbour upstairs? There's one track that really pisses me off, and that's the unnecessarily prosaic "Bad Times"; I really do not understand what that is doing on this album. Apart from that, I love this music. Hope you do, too!

My final note on the Laika trilogy: I didn't bother ordering their fourth release, as the reviews I read on that one didn't give me the idea it was on a par with their previous work. If any of you can change my point of view here, shoot... Moreover, they were to release a fifth album in 2005 (I think) but I never heard of Laika after Wherever I Am I Am What Is Missing (2003). Not even their quaint little website gives us any relevant details. Too bad, too bad...

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM
pass=paxdiero.blogspot.com

4 Comments:

At 3/08/2007 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I downloaded this post succesfully. However unpacking it is a bit more difficult. I tried 'eclecticelectelectric 3.14159265' and 'golden shower'. Nothing works. Please tell me the pass. Many thanks for your contribution to my musical education.

 
At 3/08/2007 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, just found the pass while looking at your previous Laika post. Thanks. Great sounds.

 
At 4/16/2007 4:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hola, soy admin del blog Kapritska y acabo de crear un grupo en last.fm para gente que es admin o colabora en blogs de musica. Te invito a que te des una vuelta por ahi y te unas!

El link es: http://www.lastfm.es/group/Music+blog+owners

Saludos!
Cy

 
At 9/19/2008 3:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

again, thanks, great album!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home