Saturday, March 03, 2007

Laika - Sounds of the Satellites (1996)

I'll keep it real short - Laika has become one of my all time favourite bands by now. Sounds of the Satellites is their second release and in my opinion their best of three. I couldn't get it here in Belgium, but my dearie wee sister in London got it for me. I posted Laika's debut on this blog a very long time ago; this release is a lot softer, dreamier, more pleasing to the ears... Superb music, it's been on my mp3player for weeks now & I just don't get bored of it. Hope you don't either!
The album cover shows an actual, real snowdome - now sold out, unfortunately. What a brilliant piece of merchandise!

By the way, sorry for the recent sparseness of my posts, but I tend not to enjoy sitting in front of a pc screen after doing so for most of the day. Less gobbledygook from me to you though!


IFNKOVHGROGHPRM



pass=paxdiero.blogspot.com

7 Comments:

At 3/04/2007 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah... it's always nice to surf towards nice blips and blops onto this blog.
Also is always upsetting to see how our jobs have the magic hability to turn what once were pleasant tasks into "fuck-it-i'm-too-fed-up-to-do-anything but-sleeping. Tsc.
Well, have a nice life.

 
At 3/06/2007 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well as my dad used to say :

work is a joy and all things show i thought so once butt now i know it :)

 
At 3/06/2007 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now do excuse while i go barf...

 
At 3/07/2007 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful, totally underrated album. Thanks!

 
At 4/15/2007 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i realy needed that positive attitude boost thanks man!!! :)

 
At 9/19/2008 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great album, which i discovered too late... Do you have their 'Lost In Space' compilation by any chance?

 
At 8/27/2009 12:39 AM, Blogger Jonathan Rimorin said...

Some very peculiar comments.

Link by the way seems dead.

R.I.P., link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home