Friday, March 16, 2007

TAGC - Burning Water Soundtrack (1994) - REPOST


Burning Water is the soundtrack to a film by The Anti Group/TAGC. I haven't been able to see the film, but I presume it may be somewhat similar to Geoffrey Reggio's Qatsi series. The original idea for The Anti Group was devised by A. Newton of TAGC and S. J. Turner of Clock DVA as early as 1978, "with the intention of the formation of a multi-dimensional research & development project active in many related areas. They also claim to be "free from the erroneous problems of Ego."

The music itself consists of two long pieces, each about 26 minutes. 'SO36' is a grand windswept synthesiser movement upwards. The title refers to a German venue that first opened in 1861, but got famous in the 60's and after for hosting provocative bands and, moreover, for opening their doors to the first Atonal Music Festival, as their website claims. The second piece 'ARS electronica' is more complex and variable, the mood is dark and claustrophobic. It's filled with all kinds of sounds, very often human beings or machines. And DAMMIT I just noticed that track 2 is not supposed to break off after 26min but after 33. So miss out on that. But that doesn't take away the fact that this is intense, powerful music.

IFNKOVHGROGHPRM

pass=paxdiero.blogspot.com

15 Comments:

At 3/26/2007 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, sorry to send my comments here, but is it posible to upload Ned's Atomic Dustbin-Godfodder album? Really appreciate this.

Regards

 
At 4/06/2007 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great indeed!

 
At 4/10/2007 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heb je BURN ook?
Ik wel!
Hebben?

 
At 4/15/2007 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just shove it in there :)

 
At 4/27/2007 4:42 PM, Blogger cianfulli said...

I understand this comment has nothing to do with TAGC, but posting it here makes me quite sure you can read it.
A reader send me a message alerting me you are sharing a Sardinian album I don't own.
Can I repost it on my blog?
I'm going to quote your contribution, of course.
Cheers
danny aka cianfulli

 
At 5/03/2007 10:35 PM, Blogger cianfulli said...

thank you very much
D

 
At 6/14/2007 2:08 AM, Blogger Perro D Chrome said...

This blog is very nice I made a link in my blog LA ORACION DE LAS CENIZAS.
The music that you post is very wonderfull!!!
GREETINGS FROM COLOMBIA!!!

 
At 8/30/2007 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ..... is this blog now at an end???? no postings anymore...????
it's a pity! there has been so many interesting pieces of different music!!!
jk.

 
At 9/10/2007 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snif... I've been a frequent visitor for quite some time... rather for reading some interesting reviews nor downloading new and unknown stuff (for me, at least). So filled with gems... indeed...
Anyway, I'de ask u if u could, please, upload once again that "Neuro Project - Electric Mothers of Invention"... trippy thing that one... my gosh. Nice nice...

Well well, see you in the Heaven ;)

 
At 12/06/2007 6:36 PM, Blogger Ully said...

Could you please re-up Riou 'Exhibition of the Samples'? And any other lps you might have by him? Love d that old kk records techno.

 
At 1/28/2008 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yumm, pax pax pax ..

 
At 3/18/2008 4:13 AM, Blogger Acrocosm said...

I've started a blog specializing in ambient techno, idm, ambient. A fair number of classics up already. Collection grows daily. http://acrocosm.blogspot.com

 
At 3/18/2008 4:15 AM, Blogger Acrocosm said...

I'd also like to second mr. fly's request for a re-up of the electric mothers of invention album "neuro project". Looks good.

 
At 9/01/2010 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.berkers.pl/oferta/migomaty/mig250]migomat[/url]

 
At 9/08/2010 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow Forumites

Looks 4 sure like www.blogger.com seems to be a great forum for me
I am pleased to have discovered it.


This made me smile and hopefully after your last post it will do the same for you: I only drink to make other people more sociable. :


Lol!

Anybody into String Figures


Looking forward to a good long membership here!

New York,Norwich

 

Post a Comment

<< Home